Saturday, August 21, 2010

Park Ave Peach

Wandering through the mall on a rainy Saturday, doing what I love - trying out make-up. I know - I'm such a girl!


In search of a fabulous new colour to brighten my smile, I head straight to the Maybelline counter, one of my favourite cosmetic companies. I need colour on a day this drab! The first thing that catches my eye is their new "Color Sensational" range. Perfect. 


 
I tried out the Park Ave Peach, a darkish red colour. Not in-your-face bright, which I liked, but more of a burgundy colour. It was a perfect match on my warm skin tone. A darker version of my natural lip colour. 

It didn't pass the Smooch Test though, my poor lover boy had Park Ave Peach all over his face. It comes off pretty easily, but it does stain your lips for quite a while. I had a nice colour on my lips for about 2 hours, after which they became a bit dry, and I had to apply balm.


At R85.99 it's a bit more than I'd like to spend on a lipstick, but still totally affordable.

On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 6/7. I would buy it for a nice colour pop in my collection of mainly pink lipsticks.

No comments: