Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Dog's Bollocks


On Saturday, I went to the Dog's Bollocks for the first time. I'd heard so much about this place and was super excited to try it out. 

For those of you who don't know, The Dog's Bollocks is a secret burger joint in Gardens that's just recently opened. News has spread like wildfire that this is where one can sample the best burgers in Cape Town.

Now, as everyone knows, in Cape Town we have two main competitors contending for "Best Burger in Cape Town" - Royale Eatery and Hudson's. I've eaten at both, and I think that Royale is more date night than cool, cheap hangout. As for Hudson's, the burgers are good and the toppings are creative. But still, there's always room for more!

The Dog's Bollocks is set up in an alley way just off Buitenkant. The decor is simple and kinda kitsch, in the best way. Garden chairs, pot plants and a small one man cooking area teamed with chilled music and the eccentric owner make up a very cool, relaxed little place.




Maar, wat vannie burgers? There are about eight or ten to choose from, with such interesting names. How about a Chocolate Molé or a Pepperberry Mushroom?

I went for the Jalapeno Cheese, while Boyfriend and HNPB chose the 1950's Slider and the Chilli Cheese burgers. 




And man, were they good! They were huge, HUGE, I tell you! Home made juicy patties, delicious, fresh ingredients. The cheese sauce concoction on my Jalapeno Cheese was so good




There's no waiter, no bills, hardly anything at all. Just good, old fashioned burgers. Delish. 

I will definitely be going again. Like every week. You should too. 


The prices range from R50 - R55, I don't think there was one that was more than R55. 










No comments: