Friday, May 4, 2012

Recipe: Olive Tapenade

For my birthday I got the most amazing blender/food processor/ juicer.

I've been trying out a million recipes, and doing a bunch of experiments since then. I have just made an olive tapenade, and it was so, so simple I thought I'd share it quickly!

Ingredients
1 250g pouch of black olives
About 50ml olive oil
A few drops chili oil (I prefer this to chopped chilies, as it's not so great to bite into chunks of chili)
1 Red bell pepper, chargrilled and diced
1 bay leaf (chopped super, super fine)
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
2 tablespoons of chopped thyme
1/2 lemon juiced
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon red wine

Method :
Put in amazing blender and zzzzt!

With this recipe I kinda just chop and change depending on how I feel. Also, I always start with the olives, red pepper and herbs, then add the liquids carefully, as too much liquid makes you an olive sauce, rather than a paste.

I use this to spread on chicken, fish or just plain with pestos, hummus and other dips to make a nice cracker board.

The great thing is, it literally takes five mins to make!


No comments: